Sarah B'Dacy (born 28 May 2003) is a child actress who played Little Cosette in the 2012 US tour of Les Misérables. She shared the part with child actress Eden Watts. Sarah was nine years old when with the cast.
Recently Sarah has been working on the play The BFG, which is based off the popular children's novel by Roald Dahl of the same title, though she has also had some other stage roles and appearances in the national ballet. She lives in Dover, Delaware.
The image to the right shows Sarah's cast photo for the programme of Les Misérables.
Personal Life and TrainingEdit
Sarah B'Dacy was born on May 28, 2003 in Dover, Delaware to Barry and Ellen B'Dacy. She has two siblings, an older brother Thomas (born January 20 1999), and a younger sister Roberta (born October 17 2005). Her background is Irish.
Originally Sarah and her sister were taking ballet classes since each of them were three. At the age of six, Sarah began to show an interest in theater when she tried out for her school play, The Adventures of Peter Rabbit and was thrilled when she landed the role of Flopsy, one of Peter's bossy sisters. When she finished working with the play her parents signed her up for a weekly after-school drama club. Sarah said she still liked to dance ballet and wanted to take classes, but she still wanted to attend the drama club.
Her first stage role was in 2011 in a local production of The Wizard of Oz, but when she was with the cast she was spotted by a talent scout who suggested she try out for Les Mis, which was holding casting for little Cosettes across the United States. Sarah listened to the song she had to sing and fell in love with the prospect. She auditioned and got the part, alongside child actress Eden Watts.
Since, Sarah has had just two other stage roles, but many ballet roles as well.
- Her favorite books are Harry Potter, and her favorite of this series is the fourth book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Her favorite movie is Disney's Frozen.
- Her favorite kind of music is "Disney music" and her favorite Disney songs include Let It Go (from Frozen), A Spoonful of Sugar (from Mary Poppins), Can You Feel the Love Tonight? (from The Lion King), Under the Sea (from The Little Mermaid) and as she puts it, her "most favorite of all" is Whistle While You Work (from Snow White).
- She has a pet Maltese dog named Timothy.
List of CreditsEdit
- The Nutcracker – Snow Fairy (2008)
- Swan Lake – Flower Girl (2009)
- Sleeping Beauty – Village Girl (2010)
- The Wizard of Oz – Munchkin (2011)
- Billy Elliott – Debbie (2013)
- The Nutcracker – Flower Fairy (Christmas Eve 2013)
- The BFG – Sophie (2014)