Isabelle Allen is an English actress best known for her role as Little Cosette in Les Misérables (2012 film). She was only ten years old when she got the part. Her portrayal of Cosette as a child earned her the Young Actress Award for Best Supporting Actress Age Ten and Under. Critiques were saying that she was "very very good actress". The film also received the National Board Review for Best Cast. She was later cast for the same role in the West End production of the show. She shared this role with Lois Ellington, Ashley Goldberg, and Sarah Huttlestone, the younger sister of Daniel Huttlestone.
Allen was discovered by Jeremy James Taylor, head of the British National Youth Music Theatre after seeing her in the play The Pied Piper (as a boy, no less!) in Eastbourne, Sussex, her hometown. Her parents are Elaine and Nigel Allen. In this play she portrayed the role of the lame boy in The Pied Piper, the main child role.
List of CreditsEdit
- The Pied Piper — Lame Boy (2011)
- Whistle Down the Wind — Elizabeth (2011)
- Les Misérables — Little Cosette (2011)
- The Sound of Music — Brigitta VonTrapp (2013)
Film and TelevisionEdit
- Les Misérables — Young Cosette (2012)
- Lady of Csjette — Aletta (2013)
- Guin and the Dragon (short film) — Guin (2015)
- Hetty Feather (TV) — Elizabeth (2015)
- I Am the Doorway (short film) — The Unseen (2015)
- Let's Be Evil — Cassandra (2015)
- The Contract — Casey (2015)
- Extremis — Anna (2015)