June 6, 1832 (aged 25)
|Cause of Death||
Shot at the barricades
Monsieur de Courfeyrac (father)
The Centre of Les Amis de l'ABC
Courfeyrac is considered to be third-in-command of Les Amis de l'ABC. He glues together Enjolras and Combeferre, making the male trinity a whole. He was somewhat similar to Félix Tholomyès, although there was a huge difference between him and Tholomyès, for Courfeyrac was a good lad.
Courfeyrac is a charming young man with much to say and is rather influential to the public; especially upon women. With his charming personality follows a side to him in which is seen seductive by women. They adore him and he adores them. He is a man of women and plays well in the game of flirtation. There have been many women in his past he came to acknowledge, but hardly remembers most of them. Most find it to be humorous in knowing he generally means no harm. It is simply his outlet to boost his confidence and distract himself from urgent matters at hand that tie his stomach into knots. Regardless, he is devoted to Enjolras and does not fail him as a member of Les Amis de l’ABC. Courfeyrac is a close friend to Marius; the two once living together. He has considered convincing Marius to rejoin, but it is rather difficult to ask a friend if they will die fighting for a cause they are not entirely passionate for. Meanwhile, he keeps a positive attitude, though does fear the day of revolution. A scared man is a smart man under any circumstance.
In the 2012 film, he was one of the last Les Amis members to die shortly after the barricade fell; Courfeyrac, Joly, and Combeferre were shot when The National Guardsmen fire into the ceiling from the first floor.
List of PortrayersEdit
- Jesse Corti- Original Broadway Production
- Claude-Michel Schönberg - Original French Concept Album
- Pierre-Yves Duchesne - 1991 Paris Revival
- Jérôme Pradon - 10th anniversary concert
- Killian Donnelly - 25th anniversary concert
- Montignac - 1934 film
- Jacques Harden - 1958 film
- Guy Bousquet - 1963 TV series
- Stefano Varriale - 1964 TV series
- Christopher Guinee - 1967 TV series
- Mario Pecqueur - 1972 mini-series
- Robin Renucci - 1982 film
- David Birkin - 1998 film
- Christopher Thompson - 2002 TV series
- Fra Fee - 2012 film
- In the 2012 film, Courfeyrac is shown to have a close relationship to Gavroche, showing much emotion when Gavroche was shot and acting as a guardian to him throughout the film. In the musical, Gavroche is closer to Grantaire. However, in the novel, Courfeyrac did interact with Gavroche, although the two of them do not show any closeness to each other.
- Claude-Michel Schönberg, songwriter of Les Misérables, played Courfeyrac in French concept album.
- He's in charge for introducing Lesgle and Marius Pontmercy to the Les Amis de l'ABC. Lesgle joins, but Marius at the first place didn't want to.